Digitisation has enabled consumers to be more empowered than ever and consequently, demands have increased and expectations for superior customer experience are higher.
The truth is, if an organisation doesn’t put their consumers first, they won’t put the organisation first either.
This means if it is between you and your competitor (who happens to have better CX)- the consumer is almost guaranteed to select your competitor.
Do you want competitive advantage? Make customer experience (CX) paramount.
Organisations (71%) are recognising the cruciality of optimised CX and it has been demonstrated that companies where customer experience takes precedence are performing the best.
Yet, despite companies acknowledging the significance of CX, they are still failing to offer the best CX for online customers.
Dimension Data recently interviewed 1,351 organisations about their CX, here’s what they discovered-
- Only 9.5% of respondents consider their digital strategy to be optimised.
- This is despite the fact that 81% of these same respondents acknowledge consumer experience as being a key competitive benefit to improve loyalty, revenue and cost savings.
- Let data be your guide- Data can greatly assist in enhancing the customer journey, embrace the data.
- Get comfortable with data, the right data- Understand how to analyse data and be capable of recognising data that is of value to enhance your CX.
- Yes or No?–Data will indicate what your consumers do and don’t like and what’s working and what isn’t.
- Be personal-Consumers want to feel as though you understand them, so you can meet their needs and wants.
Can you recall a time where you experienced poor CX online, what was it that made it unfavourable? Or have you ever experienced great CX online, why was it positive?
Please share you experiences and thoughts below.